years of experience
Professor at the Universitat Ramon Llull , Master's degree in Protocol and Institutional Relations' Studies for the "Arab World Relations" unit.
Associate Professor of simultaneous and consecutive interpreting at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, in Barcelona (English/French – Spanish/Catalan)
Conference Interpreter in Barcelona, Madrid, Brussels and other cities for the Spanish Ministry of the Environment, Spanish Ministry of Home Affairs, Parliament of Catalonia, European Parliament’s Representation in Barcelona, UNEP, UNDP, UNAMI, IRENA, FAO, UNWOMEN, UN-HABITAT, Union for the Mediterranean, IEMed, various Departments of the Government of Catalonia, Barcelona City Council, Anna Lindh Foundation, Barcelona Chamber of Commerce, European Economic and Social Council, Diputació de Barcelona, Institut Français de Barcelone, Universitat de Barcelona, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Universitat de Girona, Universidad Carlos III, TV3, Cercle d’Economia, Départment des Pyrénées Orientales, Département de l’Hérault, Florida International University, College of Europe, Catalan Institute of Classical Archaelology, European Institute of Public Administration (Euromed Justice, Euromed Markets, and Euromed Training the Trainers Seminars), Government of Quebec’s Representation Office for Spain, National Museum of Art of Catalonia, Museum of Contemporary Art of Barcelona, La Caixa Foundation, MAIF, European Association of Travel Agents, NDI, Schneider Electric, Danone, BNP Paribas, Canon, Siemens, AXA Assurances, Deutsche Bank, Suez, Société Générale, Yamaha, Harley Davidson, Daewoo, Condé Nast, Mundipharma, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Sanofi-Aventis, Wright Medical, GEC Alshtom, SEAT, ABInbev, Honeywell, ACSS, Jack Daniels, Dockers, Global Water Intelligence, ROCA, La Seda de Barcelona, among others. Specialised in simultaneous, liaison, chuchotage, and consecutive interpreting. Specialised in Economy, Culture, Art, History and Archaeology, Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Marketing, Management, Insurance, Law, Medical Sciences, Conflict Management, Anthropology, Coaching. Approximate simultaneous interpreting booth days up to December 2018: 1700 days.
Written translations for the Diputació de Barcelona, various Departments of the Government of Catalonia, UNEP, UNDP, MNAC, MACBA, Universal Studios – Port Aventura, BBVA, Pronovias, Uralita, ABS, RIU Hotels, Groupe Danone, and others.
Teacher of English and French in various Spanish Government Training Centres.
Tour Director for Go Ahead Tours (USA), Trapsatur (Madrid), Viajes Catai (Madrid), and EF Educational Tours (USA)
Secretary at the Spanish Cultural Centre, Spanish Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon.
Teacher of Spanish for beginners at the same Centre.
Intensive course in Arabic Translation at the Institut Français du Proche Orient in Damascus, Syria (January and February 2008 and January 2009)
DEA (Doctorate Programme) in “Multilingual Communication: Translation Studies” (2002-2004) at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain.
MA (Licenciatura) in Translation and Interpreting Studies (French, English, and Italian), 4 year programme. Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (1995-1999) (French, English and Italian)
Special Course (160 hr. programme) for Teachers of Spanish as a Foreign Language at the International House , Barcelona (1999)
One year of French History, Art and Architecture for French Tour Guides at the École Officielle de Tourisme , Paris (1990-1991)
Associate Degree in Business and Accounting (3 year programme), Université Saint Joseph in Beirut, Lebanon (1981-1984)
Member of the Research Group on the Creation of Teaching Material for Interpreting Students, Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Barcelona (2007-2008)
Worked with various Research Groups in Speech Analysis (Political Discourse, Comparative Spanish and French Written and Spoken Media) at the Department of Linguistics, Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Barcelona (1998-2000)
Courses in Mediterranean Cuisine, Wine and Olive Oil tasting, Barcelona (1996-2001)
Classical Dance: 5 years of Ballet & 1½ of Flamenco
Classical Guitar: 6 years Classical Music Studies: 7 years
Vocal Technique and Classical Music Singing (Bass-Baritone): 8 years
An example of some interpreting assignments I was involved in lately:
The following information is a sample of the work undertaken by Mr. Jelelaty, which includes high level international conferences , namely:
• IRENA IV General Assembly. Abu Dhabi, January 2014
• IRENA Council’s Meeting, Abu Dhabi, December 2013
• IRENA Seminar on Geothermal Resources. Reykjavik, February 2013
• IRENA III General Assembly. Abu Dhabi. January 2013
• IRENA Council’s Meeting. Abu Dhabi, December 2012
• OECD Euro-mediterranean meeting on SMEs, December 2013
• GIZ various Euro-mediterranean meetings and seminars. 2013 & 1014
• FAO Energy Balance, Energy Efficiency in Agriculture. Casablanca, December 2013
• Mediterranean Games. Various preparation meetings for the Tarragona 2017 Games in 2013 & 2014
• 5 + 5 Technical Secretariat meetings in 2013 & 2014
• Engineers Without Frontiers. Water Management Seminar. Barcelona, Nov 2013
• Union for the Mediterranean. Senior Officials Meetings since 2012.
• Union for the Mediterranean. Senior Officials Ad-hoc Meeting on Energy. Barcelona, November 2013
• SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT. Technical Committee on Water Networks. Barcelona, October 2013
• Global Water Project – Med. Governance for the mediterranean Water Sector. Barcelona, June 2013
• MEDPOL. Cleaner Production and Energy Management. Barcelona, May 2013
• Ministry of Energy. Water Litter Management. Barcelona, May 2013
• SCOW PROJECT: Urban Waste Management. Barcelona, March 2013
• PWMSP (Paving the Way for the Mediterranean Solar Plan). Rome. May 2012
• PWMSP. Barcelona, July 2011
• 2 weeks Seminar on Nuclear Security at the Seibersdorf Laboratories, Vienna. July 2012
• Pôle de compétitivité DERBI (International Forum on Renewable Energies. Several editions), Perpignan.
• Several meetings, since 2002, for MedPol and the Regional Activity Centre for Cleaner Production (renewables, energy management, sustainable technologies, etc.)
• Several technical meetings on energy for Schneider Electric (France and Spain, since 2002)
• Mois de la Science (Institut Français de Barcelone). Sustainable Cities. October 2012
• Forest Management and Biomass development (Catalan Government). May 2012
• UN World Habitat Forum (sustainable development, smart cities, water and energy management). Naples, September 2012
• World Water Forum (Barcelona edition and 2012 UfM preparation meeting for Marseille 2012)
• Engineers without borders’ several technical meetings on water management.
• ICLEI (Local Governments for Sustainability), forum on sustainable energies. March 2010, Barcelona.
• Mediterranean Economic Leaders’ Summit. BARCELONA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE.
• Meeting of tourism ministers of the EuroMed region. SPANISH PRESIDENCY OF THE EU.
• Inauguration of Figueres – Perpignan High Speed Train. Ministère des Transports (France)
• 2012 (Jan): “Montada” Cooperation Project (training for North African Heritage Technicians).
• 2012 (May): European TEAM Project (Plan routes of social and work-related insertion for people at risk of social exclusion).
• 2012 (Jun): FinanCoop European Meeting (Cooperatives, Social Economy & Ethical Banking)
• 2012 (Sep): UN World Habitat Forum (Various meetings on employment and social insertion)
• 2013 (Feb): Mediterranean Social Dialogue Forum (CC OO Trade Union and Euro-Mediterranean partners)
• 2013 Mar): Euro-Mediterranean Young Writers Exchange Project (CCCB – Barcelona)
• 2013 (Mar): Evaluation of Public Social Policies Seminar for Morocco (Parliament of Catalonia)
• 2013 (Apr): International Romani Day Celebration and Workshops (Parliament of Catalonia).
• 2013 (Apr): Euro-Mediterranean Social and Political Dialogue Seminar (College of Europe / Union for the Mediterranean)
• 2013 (May): Cooperation on Social and Cultural Matters with the Maghreb Seminar (Barcelona Provincial Authority).
• 2012 (Oct): UN-HABITAT. World Urban Forum.
• Meeting of the Ministers of Home Affairs and Justice of France and Spain.
• Official visit of the President of the Lebanese Republic to Catalonia.
• Official visit of the President of the Palestinian Authority to Catalonia.
• Official visit of the Speaker of the Parliament of New South Wales to Catalonia.
• Official visit of the Speaker of the Parliament of Quebec to Catalonia.
• Official visit of the Speaker of the Parliament of the Kingdom of Morocco to Catalonia.
• Official visit of the Prime Minister of Morocco to Catalonia.
• Official visist of the President of the “Région Rhône-Alpes” to Catalonia.
• Several Meetings of the Association of Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce.
• Investing in Belgium Seminar. CHAMBRE DE COMMERCE BELGO-LUXEMBOURGEOISE.
• Board Members’ Meeting on Budget. UNION FOR THE MEDITERRANEAN.
• High Officials Meetings. UNION FOR THE MEDITERRANEAN.
• European Forum on Cultural Industries. SPANISH PRESIDENCY OF THE EU.
• EC-UNDP Task Force on Electoral Assistance. Seminar on Elections and Conflict Prevention.
• EC. DG Enlargment. Workshop on Implementation of Number Portability beyond EU Borders.
• Paving the Way for the Mediterranean Solar Plan (EU). Seminar MENA Countries.
• European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights. Seminar on Governance.
• HIV related Legal Services and Rights. International Development Law Organization (IDLO)
• French-Catalan Congress in Perpignan. Parlement des Religions.
• European Work Councils. ABInbev, TRANSCOM, QUEBECOR.
• International seminar on P&C. AXA ASSURANCES.
• Corporate Social Responsibility Seminar. IESE.
• World Managers’ Seminar. SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC.
• World Seminar on Compliance. BNP-PARIBAS.
• Foro Empresarial Ibérico (Iberian Business Forum). BARCELONA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE.
• World Managers’ Seminars since 2009. BIGMAT.
• Board Meetings. LA SEDA DE BARCELONA.
• Board Meetings. Antena3